Course start date –>>>
Module Outline –>>>
This course will cover the following topics:
Module 0 | Week 1
Module 1 | Week 2
Module 2 | Week 3
Module 3 | Week 4
Module 4 | Week 5
Working with the HTML Document Object Model (DOM)
Module 5 | Week 6
Introduction to JQuery
Module 6 | Week 7
Creating a complete app front-end with JQuery Mobile
Module 7 | Week 8
Introduction to AJAX
Module 8 | Week 9
Calling a remote database using AJAX
Module 9 | Week 10
Introduction to JSON
FINAL PROJECT | Weeks 9-12
This project is a continuation of the Big 5 App project from FED101, FED102 and JS101
- Matric or Grade 12 equivalent
- Certified copy of your ID
- Cell phone/Email for notifications and communication
- Reliable broadband internet access
- A PDF viewer (e.g. Adobe Acrobat)
- Microsoft Word/Pages (ability to export documents as PDF files)
- A web browser (latest version) e.g. Chrome/Firefox/Internet Explorer
- Ability to scan and upload documents
- Min of 1 gig of data per building block
academic support –>>>
1. You will receive support from your Online Course Lecturer via:
- Instant messaging
2. There will also be a weekly webinar where the OCL will discuss important topics. The webinar will be a great opportunity to ask the OCL any questions.
Course Outcome –>>>
Course Delivery –>>>
- Learning Management System
- Module notes
- Forum discussions
- Academic Support
This course is presented through an interactive learning platform – our Learning Management System. You are encouraged to refer to external URLs for a broader understanding, and complete the quizzes in order to test your own grasp of each module.
Feedback on your assignments will deepen your learning experience, and your participation in the discussion forum with fellow students, brings the classroom into your space.
Course Assessment –>>>
There are activities throughout the course that will allow you to test your own knowledge and help evaluate your own understanding of the course material. Any areas of misunderstanding can be discussed on the forums or directly with your OCL.
Each Module is accompanied by an assignment, which is made primarily of coding tasks. It is critical that you complete every one of these coding tasks because the practicals are a key element in the learning process. You will be able to submit your assignments once you have completed your course notes, watched the videos and attempted the quiz questions. Once you have submitted your assignment you will received feedback and a mark from your OCL. Throughout the course, you are encouraged to engage on the interactive discussion forums, between fellow students and the OCL.
Certification Information –>>>
Upon successful completion of your course you will be awarded a Damelin certificate.
Subject Matter Expert –>>>
Bilal Kathrada, a software engineer and award-winning app developer. Bilal has been coding for over 25 years, and has worked as a mobile app developer, a Java full-stack developer, PHP full-stack developer and web designer.
Bilal is passionate about education and has lectured at a number of institutions. He also teaches and mentors aspiring developers.